Posted by Nanc
Both Matt and I have this delicious and easy curry leftover as lunches today. This doesn’t make for pretty bentos (thermoses just aren’t that attractive), but it does make for a tasty lunch.
This recipe makes 4 large or 6 regular servings. I usually serve it with basmati rice, raita (yogurt, cucumbers, and spices), and a dollup of mango chutney. Perhaps one day I’ll try making naan.
- 2 Tbl. oil (your preference)
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (less or more to heat preference)
- salt (couple shakes)
- 2 15-oz cans garbanzo beans
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 15-oz can tomatoes (drained) or two fresh roma tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onions, and cook until tender.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, and spices (cloves