Hi, this blog has been upgraded, but I'm leaving the old pages online until the search engines catch up. If you want to join the discussion, this may be the page you're looking for on the new site.
Our friends, Stacey & John, recently 'made' the cutest lil' boy, so I had to make some clothes and a blanket that suited him.
Prior to this experience, I had never really worked with patterns. At least nothing complicated or involving more than two pieces. I was a newbie, green, a pattern virgin, if you will, and I was scared. For some reason patterns don't make much sense to me and I go a bit mad trying to figure it all out.
So I asked my friend Penny to help me with this project, which she did graciously. Of course, Penny also pointed out that I picked probably the most difficult pattern from the set (a bunting) and that I had forgotten the lining fabric. So I switched gears and together we worked on a couple of overalls. I finished it on my own and was so thrilled that I decided to tackle that vexing bunting.
I also decided that due to my success with my first quilt, that a baby blanket would be just the thing for Sean. I picked up a book on chenille baby quilts (in-a-day) and started the project. (For those novices out there, chenille fabric is a bit unruly and a true bitch to work with. Be warned.) The instructions for this quilt were a bit different from my earlier quilt, so I learned a couple of new techniques along the way.
# # #