Hi, this blog has been upgraded, but I'm leaving the old pages online until the search engines catch up. If you want to join the discussion, this may be the page you're looking for on the new site.
Best. Spinach. Dip. EVER.
With a statement like that I better be able to back it up, right? Well, make the dip and then you tell me. It's grrreat! [Finger in the air like Tony the Tiger.]
I made this for a fairly impromtu get-together of friends and it was appreciated. Luckily for Bonez and I, I kept some hidden back from the crowd so that we could enjoy it on Sunday while yöging and watching the Discovery channel. Ain't life swell?
Best Spinach Dip
- 1 c. mayo
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 box dry leek soup mix
- 1 (4 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 round loaf Hawaiian bread
- misc. snacking crackers, or preferred dipping chip
- With a strainer and plenty of paper towels, remove as much moisture from the spinach as possible. It should become almost crumbly.
- Mix all ingredients together, except for the bread and crackers, and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Be fancy by serving the dip in the bread bowl. Simply cut out a large circle on the top of the bread, leaving a bowl-shaped cavern for the dip. Cut the removed portion of bread into bite-sized pieces to serve along side with the crackers.
Tip: Use a small bowl to hold the dip inside the bread bowl. That way the bowl itself doesn't become saturated and mushy with dip and is edible all the way down to the tasty crumbs. Mmmm, mmmm good.
# # #